Getting Started with Blynk
In order to use Blynk app you would need:
- Hardware that works with Blynk. Check the full list of supported hardware here
- If your hardware doesn't have connectivity on board, you can use shields like Ethernet, WiFi, GPRS and many others. Blynk also works over Bluetooth and USB (☝️ USB is not for newbies!)
1. Download Blynk App for Android or iOS
2. Get the Auth Token
In order to connect Blynk App and your hardware, you need an Auth Token.
- Create a new account in Blynk App.
- Create a New Project. Then choose the board and connection you will use.
- After the project was created, we will send you Auth Token over email.
- Check your email inbox and find the Auth Token.
3. Install Blynk Library
☝️ Blynk library should be installed manually. Follow the instructions:
- Download the latest release .zip file.
- Unzip it. You will notice that archive contains several folders and several libraries.
- Copy all these libraries to your_sketchbook_folder of Arduino IDE. To find the location of your_sketchbook_folder, go to top menu in Arduino IDE: File -> Preferences (if you are using Mac OS - go to Arduino → Preferences)
The structure of your your_sketchbook_folder should now look like this, along with your other sketches (if you have them):
your_sketchbook_folder/libraries/Blynk your_sketchbook_folder/libraries/BlynkESP8266_Lib ... your_sketchbook_folder/tools/BlynkUpdater your_sketchbook_folder/tools/BlynkUsbScript ...
☝️ Note that libraries should go to libraries and tools to tools
3. Create your first example sketch code
Blynk works with hundreds of hardware models and connection types. We prepared Blynk Examples Sketch Builder that allows you to create example code for your hardware.
- Choose Your board (for example: Arduino UNO)
- Choose your connection (WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, USB...)
The first example you need is:
4. Paste the Auth Token
• In the example sketch, find this line:
char auth = "YourAuthToken";
• Change it with your Auth Token (it should be in your email inbox after you created the Project in the Blynk app. Now it should exactly like this (☝️ don't forget the " "):
char auth = "53e4da8793764b6197fc44a673ce4e21";
• 🔥 Flash the code to your hardware
• Open serial monitor in Arduino IDE. You should see something like this
___ __ __ / _ )/ /_ _____ / /__ / _ / / // / _ \/ '_/ /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\ /___/ v0.4.4  Connecting to YourWiFi  Connected to YourWiFi  My IP: 192.168.10.172  Blynk v0.4.4  Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8442  Ready (ping: 1ms)
Congrats! You are connected! 🎉
What's next? Check Other examples in the sketch builder
- How to read sensors?
- How to turn something ON and OFF?
- How to control servo motor?
- How to send notifications?
- How to....?
Check other examples to learn how Blynk Works: